One Day Symposium on “Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics & Health Informatics”
Organizer: Dr. Gajendra P. Raghava, Professor & Head, Center for Computational Biology@IIIT-Delhi.
Date: 16th May 2017, Tuesday
Time: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
Venue: C01, Ground Floor, Academic Block.
Aim: In last two decades, there is a tremendous change in the field of biological, medical and plant sciences as data is growing with exponential rate. Aim of this symposium is to highlight importance of informatics in the field biomedical and agriculture sciences.
Who should attend: All students, faculty, researchers & Industry professionals who are working or have interest in agriculture, biology and health informatics.
- Prof. Samir K. Brahmachari, Former DG, CSIR
- Prof. G. P. S. Raghava, IIIT-Delhi
- Dr. Vinod Scaria, CSIR- IGIB
- Dr. Manish Kumar, South Campus (DU)
- Dr. Dinesh Gupta, ICGEB
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar, IASRI (ICAR)
- Dr. Ganesh Bagler, IIIT-Delhi
- Dr. Vibhor Kumar, IIIT-Delhi
- 08:30 – 09:30 am – Registration
- 09:30 - 10:00 am – Inauguration
- 10:00 - 10:40 am – Prof. Samir Brahmachari: Finding the Achille's Heel of Drug Resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- 10:40 - 11:20 am – Dr. Manish Kumar: Understanding antibiotic resistance with in-silico tools.
- 11:20 – 11:40 am - Tea Break
- 11:40 – 12:20 pm – Dr. Vibhor Kumar: The promise of integrated analysis in Genomics: transcriptome, epigenome & variations.
- 12:20 - 01:00 pm - Dr. Dinesh Gupta: High-throughput data analysis for cancer diagnostics and prognostics.
- 01:00 - 02:00 pm - Lunch
- 02:00 - 02:40 pm – Dr. Vinod Scaria: Personal Genomes to Precision Medicine - from rare to complex traits.
- 02:40 – 03:20 pm – Dr. Ganesh Bagler: Network Biology: An integrative paradigm for modeling biological systems.
- 03:20 – 03:40 pm - Tea Break
- 03:40 – 04:20 pm – Dr. Dinesh Kumar: Why computational genomics is needed in agriculture?
- 04:20 - 05:00 pm - Prof. GPS Raghava: Genome-based solutions for Human Health using Computational Biology.
- 05:00 – 05:30 pm – Concluding Remarks
Registration fee: Participants are required to make an online payment of Rs. 1000 (Non – Refundable) for attending this symposium using this link.
Registration fee payment portal
Registration fee include:
- Participation Certificate
- Lunch & Tea/ Coffee break
Note: Accommodation and Travel allowances are NOT covered in the registration fees.
- Last date for Registration and fee payment: 14th May 17, Sunday
Contact: For any further queries please mail us at email@example.com